HDTV | iPitch | CTV Canadian Documart | New Players | Pitchers Paradise
Entry Deadline: Closed
Win up to $7500 (US)
The Banff World Television Festival is partnering once again this year with NHK (Japan Broadcasting Corporation) to bring you the innovative HDTV pitching session. Join us in creating the new entertainment and information television products of tomorrow. Pitch your ideas for an HDTV television production to a panel of HDTV experts. The winner will be awarded up to $7,500 (US)!
We are looking for:
- a one-off program OR a series of programs
- projects in genres such as - but not limited to - natural history, science and technology, adventure and exploration, travelogue, lifestyles, culture and current affairs
- projects where the advantages of High Definition technology enhance the content of the program
- The finalists must pitch their projects in person and must be registered at BANFF 2005. Banff 2005 takes place June 12 - 15 with the HDTV Pitch scheduled on Wednesday June 15.
- The ONLY applications that will be considered are those using the HDTV Call for Submissions online entry form; please do not send additional outlines, treatments or other details. If submitting more than one project, use separate forms for each project. Click here for online entry form.
- The winner must be willing to sign an agreement giving NHK (Japan Broadcasting Corporation) first option to acquire or co-produce the finished program. The person signing the agreement must be the owner of the project or must be authorized to sign the agreement on behalf of the owner.
Rules and Regulations
In the event of any dispute with regard to the process or the final outcome, the decisions of the HDTV jury shall prevail.
NHK (Japan Broadcasting Corporation) reserves the right to:
- have first option to acquire, co-produce or participate in the production of the program with the winner;
- commission further development from the winner(s) prior to a decision to acquire, co-produce or participate in the production of the program(s).
Friday May 6, 2005
Deadline for receipt of submission form at the BANFF 2005 office
Short-listed finalists notified and list of selected projects posted at the BANFF 2005 Web site
Wednesday June 15, 2005
The finalists will have an opportunity to pitch their projects to the HDTV jurors during iPitch / HDTV Pitch at BANFF 2005.
Wednesday June 15, 2005
The winner will be announced at BANFF 2005 during the "iPitch / HDTV Pitch / New Players PRIZES" session.
In submitting a project for consideration, the person or team submitting said project acknowledges that ideas are being put forward in an open competition on a subject selected by NHK (Japan Broadcasting Corporation); that competing candidates may offer similar ideas and written submissions; and that NHK (Japan Broadcasting Corporation) representatives may well suggest similar ideas to those presented. In the event that a project is not selected, the presenter or presenting team shall be entitled to make any use he/she/they wish of his/her/their own ideas and written submissions. However, in submitting a project for consideration, the person or team agrees that no legal claim will be made against a) NHK (Japan Broadcasting Corporation) or its representatives; b) the jurors or their companies; c) the Banff World Television Festival or their representatives; d) or the competing candidates and/or their companies. The submitting person or team further acknowledge(s) that in the event of any dispute with regard to the process or the final outcome, the decisions of the HDTV jury shall prevail. The jurors reserve the right to: a) declare that no submission meets the standards of excellence set by the jury b) award only a portion of the funding c) distribute the funding to more than one submission.