HDTV | iPitch | CTV Canadian Documart | New Players | Pitchers Paradise
CTV Canadian Documart - The Richest Pitch in the World
Entry Deadline: Closed
Factual production is on the rise as is international co-production. CTV Inc. has donated $100,000 in development funding to be awarded at BANFF 2005 to the top three popular mainstream documentary pitches: $50,000 for first place, $30,000 for second place and $20,000 for third.
To apply for a chance to take part in the CTV Canadian Documart, complete and submit the official Call for Submissions form online by clicking here. A panel of judges will review all submissions and select six finalists. During the CTV Canadian Documart the six finalists will each have a total of ten minutes to present their projects to an assembly of commissioning editors: three minutes for the 'pitch' followed by seven minutes of questions from the Canadian and international decision-makers. After all six have been grilled in this 'bear pit' session, the decision-makers will cast their ballots, the results will be tabulated and the winners declared.
- The pitching competition is open to:
- Canadian independent producers, or
- international independent producers who have a Canadian partner.
Preference will be given to those projects that will have a majority Canadian partner.
- All projects pitched must be eligible to qualify as Canadian content under:
- prevailing Government of Canada regulations, or
- international co-production treaties.
- In the event that any of the winning programs are produced but
- do not qualify as Canadian content, or
- are not produced under a Canadian international co-production treaty,
the development monies will be repayable, without interest, prior to first telecast. These monies will go back into the pool of prizes to be awarded in the future. If the project goes forward and meets the Canadian test, then the prize money is a donation with no other strings attached.
- All short-listed finalists must be prepared to pitch their projects in person and must be registered at BANFF 2005 for the relevant days.
- Finalists must be prepared to sign the attached agreement with the Banff World Television Festival.
- The only applications that will be considered are those using the official CTV Canadian Documart Call for Submissions online form; please do not send additional outlines, treatments or other details. If submitting more than one project, use separate forms for each project.
- No telephone enquiries please; applicants whose projects are short-listed will be contacted directly and asked to submit additional information.
Monday, April 18, 2005
Deadline for receipt of Submission Form to the BANFF 2005 office
Short-listed finalists notified and list of selected projects posted at the BANFF 2005 Web site
June 12-15, 2005
The 2005 Banff World Television Festival
Wednesday, June 15, 2005
CTV Canadian Documart at BANFF 2005
The CTV Canadian Documart has been adapted with permission from the Australian Documart format pioneered by the Australian International Documentary Conference.